Wednesday, March 14, 2007

No More Trees

After 2 years of living in this house - we finally got rid of all of the trees in our backyard! Apparently the people that lived in this house before us wanted an orchard in their backyard (no joke) and they had planted 5 lemon trees, 3 orange trees, a fig tree, and a Christmas tree (yes a Christmas tree in Arizona). Only 4 of the trees actually got fruit on them though - at least while we have lived here. Rob started the project a couple weeks ago but on Saturday him and his business partner Ron took care of our 2 huge lemon trees, our orange tree and the fig tree. I used to be really opposed to taking these trees out until I realized how much work they are to take care of and how much fruit they produce! I had lemons coming out my ears - I couldn't give them away fast enough. And the orange tree only produced 30 oranges a year so not a very productive tree. We now have a completely empty backyard and just need to figure out what to do with it! We're thinking of putting in some grass, maybe a bbq area, and then maybe a built in spa. We looked into the "spool" idea some more but due to where the electrical lines run in our backyard - it would be put in a really odd place in the backyard . . .so our next house! :) Roxy and Max are loving this backyard right now. I look outside during the day and they are literally running laps across the backyard. It's hilarious to see.





In Ellie news . . .she is growing bigger and bigger by the day! I've had to learn to be very accomodating with any sort of schedule I have planned. Some days she wants to sleep all day, other days she wants to eat every hour and only take 30 minute naps. So I never know what kind of a day it is going to be! Luckily she's so cute that I am willing to put up with it. lol. I never realized how much of a schedule and planner I was until I couldn't do it anymore!

Here are a couple of pictures of her with her Grandma Bodine (Rob's mom) and her Great Grandma DeYoung (Rob's grandma). I need to take more pictures again - I've been slacking lately!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

she is so adorable. i just love those little cheeks. what a doll! your backyard looks huge. its too bad you can't do the spool because that sounded like fun.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

That Ellie is so adorable. And I hear you a/b a schedule. It really is hard to plan anything! I always tell people, "I'll be there sometime between 9:30 and 10:30, just so I always have a buffer in case things go haywire.

And from what I've read, and how Everett was, it's hard to get babies on any sort of a schedule until about 3 months. So hang in there!

Shanna said...

She is just as cute as ever!! I can't wait to come and visit next weekend to see her in person :)