Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Frozen Drinks


I found yet another reason to love Target yesterday . . . they sell Icees in the little food court. Now this probably sounds crazy but anyone that knows me - knows my love for Slurpees, Icees, Freezonis (QT), etc. Especially in this summer heat - I love the frozen drinks. Well, I was trying to figure out how I was going to manage getting these drinks when I would have to haul Ellie out of the car just to run into the gas stations. (See the deep thoughts and concerns I have these days?!) Sonic has their slushes that are quite good and I can stay in the car for those (plus they are half price between 2-5 pm). But they just aren't the same as Icees and Slurpees! Since I seem to frequent Target at least twice a week - now I can get my Icee fix on my way out and it's not an extra trip. I was very excited about this yesterday. That and the fact that for $11 yesterday I was able to get a new dress and two new shirts for Ellie from the clearance section. I still have yet to buy anything for her for full price and I'm pretty proud about that. It's a good thing since it's a little addiction of mine to buy her cute clothes.

In other news - after a 5 month hiatus .. . I finally made it back to the gym yesterday! I thought I was going to die after 5 minutes on the ellipitical machine but luckily I had made a new Ipod Workout Playlist so I just turned that up and managed to make it to my goal for the day. It's amazing how great it felt to work out again! I didn't realize how much I need that exercise to make myself feel better. I'm lucky that the pregnancy weight didn't stick around with the combination of nursing and the metabolism I inherited from my dad - But I still need to get toned up again with swimsuit season already in progress here in Arizona. My new goal is to start eating healthier now - so anyone have any good healthy tasting recipes/snack ideas? I feel like I have a ton more cravings now that I'm nursing and burning more calories.

2 comments:

heidi said...

congratulations on going to the gym! that is one of the best parts of my day!
healthy snack-frozen fruit in lite cool whip. if you freeze the cool whip too, sometimes you can pretend it is ice cream. desperate times=desperate measures.-

JTA said...

Go Target. I go in with a 15 dollar shopping list and come out with a 70 dollar reciept. It's trouble. And yes, the baby load makes the easiest errands seem so daunting. Good job on the work out. Who do you have watch the baby? Thats where I get stuck. I take him running with me during the day in the jogging stroller, but I miss going to the gym and kicking my butt. Any suggestions? Eliza is beautiful and I love her crazy face pictures.