Sunday, June 17, 2007

Homesick!

Every time summer time rolls around here in Arizona - I tend to get a little homesick for Washington! I miss the Washington summers and living so close to the water. I miss living near my family, the rain (yes - I'm crazy), the mountains, the food, etc. It will always be home to me - even though I've now lived in Arizona 5 years now. I know I'll never live in Washington again since Rob's pool building business just wouldn't work up there! But someday maybe I will be able to spend summers up there and winters down here. (In my dreams, right?). Anyway - I was checking out this new golf course that they put in about a half mile from where I grew up (and where my dad still lives) and it makes me want to take up golf again! Check it out at: http://www.chambersbaygolf.com. I'm a horrible golfer though so that's not likely to happen anytime soon - plus I don't think I could afford the green fees. :) I'm counting down the days already when I get to go back to Washington next month for a week. I can't wait! Isn't it gorgeous there?

7 comments:

Kristen Michele said...

Yes, I agree! I love Washington too. I didn't know the golf course was done already. I haven't been over in that area in so long. Whenever I do go over there though, I think of you :) That would be sooo awesome if you could one day spend the summers up here. Then we could get our kids together! And by the way, I'm a horrible golfer also. You'll have to let me know when you'll be here next month. Maybe we can meet for coffee or something?

Hadley Family Clan! said...

What a beautiful view! The only time I have been to Washington is when I amd flying to Alaska, but from the looks out the windows of the airport it looks pretty. Sorry you miss home, but hopefully your dreams will come true and you can stay up there for the summer time.

Steffani said...

Hey Lachelle,
Sorry it has been so long since we have been in touch. I can't believe how big Eliza is getting. Hailey is growing way too fast too. I can definitely sympathize with being homesick, although at the moment it is for family in Arizona. I think this will link to my blog for you and you can see what's up with us. I check in here regularly and will try to give you a call soon and catch up. We love and miss you!
Steffani

Uffens Family said...

I miss WA too...and I know I will go through even more withdrawals when we move to Vegas! That pic of the new golf course it awesome! Have a great trip home! I am headed there in a month...and yes, I am already counting down too!

Unknown said...

Washington will always be home to me too. I love it there even though I have been in Utah for a long time now, and probably longer since I really love my job, plus the single women here are great too.

Emily C said...

I didn't know you were from Washington, I always assumed you were from AZ... Where in Washington? My husband grew up in Seattle area (Mercer Island).

I too can understand about wanting to live somewhere else but can't.... Jeremy just started an ESL school down here and speaks Mandrin from his mission, so we need to stay in areas with heavy asian populations or where people from Asia like to study english. So I think we will be here long term, and defintely NEVER in New Orleans or the beautiful South. :(

I too dream of having that second home in th future to live in 2 different places. :)

lrbodine said...

Emily - I grew up in a little suburb of Tacoma called University Place (It's basically right near the Narrows Bridge on the waterfront before you get over to Gig Harbor). I love it up there!!