Thursday, September 13, 2007

Interviews and Sickness

This week can basically be summed up by those two words - interviews and sickness!! I've been dealing with what I think are allergies for the past couple of weeks and then this week Ellie can down with her first cold. It's pretty rough on little babies when they can't breathe through their noses! (And for worried first time parents too) Luckily she only ran a fever for a couple of hours and other than throwing a fit every time I wipe her nose - she is a happy little girl still. And last night I got the best sleep I have gotten in months! Ellie was having a rough time breathing with her nose all stuffy so Rob decided to sleep on the couch and I had her sleep in our bed. I don't know if it was the infant Tylenol I gave her or the big bed or what ... but she slept 8 hours straight without making a peep! Which meant that I got in a full 7 hours of sleep (it took me a while to fall asleep). I definitely don't plan on making it a habit to let her sleep in our bed - but it was sure nice. Normally she wakes up and cries a couple of times a night and goes back to sleep - but it's enough to wake me up.

And the job hunt is still on for us! We feel really blessed that Rob has already had 3 interviews this week and 4 more lined up for next week. So far none of the offers or jobs are exactly what we are looking for - but at least it is a step in the right direction. It's frustrating but I'm working on seeing the small blessings that are happening. I even went back to read that talk Elder Bednar gave a while back on "Tender Mercies". Not to be too cheesy, but it really is amazing how when you are going through rough times - you also are able to recognize the little blessings that are around each day.

Nicole e-mailed me the pictures she took for us on Labor Day with Ellie's first experience in the pool.


2 comments:

The Blakes said...

I love her ruffly swim suit - so cute! We have that exact froggy floater. Ty would stay in the water for hours if we would let him!

Nikki said...

Okay, these pictures are adorable! She's like, "whoa, this is weird." I love her face expression... not too sure what she thinks about this. Good luck with the job hunt. Is Ellie feeling any better with her cold?