Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ellie's 1st Birthday Party!

We had Ellie's 1st birthday on Saturday at our house. We invited our family members that live near by to come over, our neighbors and some friends that have babies near the age of Ellie to come over. I wanted to keep it simple with just cupcakes and ice cream but couldn't resist making a giant cupcake cake and a smaller version for Ellie's "smash" cake . . .along with regular cupcakes! Special thanks to my wonderful husband, who even though he is super sick, still managed to help me get everything ready for the party. Love him!







I expected Ellie to dive into her cake but she just picked at the frosting for a while and then finally made it to some of the cake. She hardly made a dent in the cake but I think she enjoyed it by the looks of some of the pictures we captured! My neice Avery kept trying to help her eat it also.






And of course presents aren't too interesting to unwrap for Ellie - she wanted to stop and play with each item inbetween but thanks to everyone who gave her things! She scored quite a few cute dresses, books, toys and even a mini shopping cart. We will be having lots of fun playing with all of the new toys at our house.



6 comments:

Claire said...

Cute!! I LOVE the cake! It looks awesome. What kind of frosting did you end up using? I love your red wall... it looks like its pretty close to the colour of my red wall.

Spitzer Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How exciting! I love the picture of Ellie smiling with her cake (barely) on her face--that must have been fun!

Nikki said...

Cutest birthday pics ever! Lachelle, how did you make those adorable cupcake cakes??? I have to know! Because of traveling and sickness, I didn't do a big birthday party for Rory's FIRST BIRTHDAY! I feel horrible. She'll turn two in October and I want to make sure I do it up right then. Will you give me the pointers for those adorable cakes so I can copy your idea?

Shanna said...

I love that cute cupcake cake! Looks like Ellie did too... :) She's so cute. And, I love your necklace too.

Shae said...

WOW! I've never seen a cupcake cake before...that is so cute! You are so talented! Happy Birthday Ellie!

The Becks said...

I can't believe Ellie is already 1 year old! She has grown so fast. She looks like she keeps you busy and on your toes. By the way... your blog is so cute... and the scrapbooking pages are adorable.