Thursday, April 10, 2008

April Showers? Not in Arizona

I keep forgetting that I need to update my blog - although I'm reading everyone else's.

Monday afternoon Nicole invited us to go swimming with all of the Costley's at her parents home. Ellie is terrified of bathtubs but seems to love swimming pools (as long as I am nearby). So we're going to have to spend a lot of time near water this summer when the temps get above 100 in a few weeks!

Tuesday night was Nicole's baby shower which was a good excuse for me to leave Ellie with Rob and go and see some old friends and all the cute stuff that she got for the little guy. I think baby showers are so much fun - which is good since hers was the 3rd one in the last week and a half and I have one more on Saturday!

Ellie and I have been trying out some new parks around Mesa this week. Most of the time it involves me chasing her around while she tries to explore EVERYTHING that she possibly can. I figure that we have to visit the parks often right now before it's too hot to enjoy them. We keep going back to Dobson Ranch park though because they have the ducks to feed (even though they are a little crazy).

I'm also convinced that Ellie could be the stand in for the Energizer Bunny! The latest trick is climbing onto whatever she can think to climb on! She can now get on our couch (and promptly tries to climb over it - I have caught her by her legs numerous times while she is diving off the other side). I walked into the other room to put away laundry that I had just folded to come back to her standing on top of the laundry basket. She climbs up the oven, the entertainment center and onto our chairs in the kitchen. I really can't leave her alone for a second! These were all taken with the camera phone so excuse the poor quality.





And we're starting to make the transition to one nap a day. I was hoping it would make her one nap longer but so far - that hasn't really been the case. She's such a bundle of energy that she can now function on one hour of sleep during the day and be all over the place and be completely happy and content. I finally gave in and pinned a really dark blanket up in her room in combination with her black out curtains so I'm hoping it will encourage a longer nap! All I know is I think those naps were more for me than for her - because I'm a lot more tired with this new schedule.

As you can tell - the one nap a day doesn't always work



Thursday night once again became my favorite night with the return of the Office! Love that show and I'm so glad it's finally back!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

yeah! The OFFICE!

Kyle said...

What a little climber...my Nathan is a climber too!
I agree...so excited that Office is back!

Spitzer Family said...

When McKinley switched to one nap a day it took a while to transition, but then it would be a 2-3 hour nap a day-i hope you get the same thing! It was heaven-now I'm at no naps ever and it is so hard-absolutely not a second to myself ever! Oh well, these days go by really way too fast! And yeah-the Office!

Kristen Michele said...

hehe I finally just had time to watch The Office...my favorite comedy show :)