Thursday, October 30, 2008

Utah Trip & Jen's Wedding

Ellie and I took a week long trip up to Utah and had a great time. It was so nice to go to a place that really is enjoying fall and it was beautiful temperatures in the 60's the whole week and sunny! I loved seeing the fall colors and having it cool down at night. It was quite the shock to come back to the 90+ temps again.

One of my old roommate's and close friend Jen got married last weekend in the Mt. Timpanogas temple. We were roommates for over 2 years down here in Arizona and went on lots of trips together and had lots of fun (and not so fun) adventures in single life together. She looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I think her husband Larry is perfect for her! I'm so happy for her.


It also ended up working out very nicely that my dad and Debbie were going to be in town this same weekend in Utah as well. We were able to have a yummy breakfast with the whole family (minus Kevin who is on his mission in Korea still) at Magleby's on Saturday morning. Kory and Tysen both live in the Provo/Orem area (Kory at BYU) and then Trent came down from BYU-Idaho for the weekend. My dad and Debbie took Ellie for pretty much the entire rest of the day (even to a BYU football game) so that I could go to the wedding and wedding dinner. I didn't really know what to do with myself without Rob and Ellie with me!

On Sunday afternoon we celebrated my dad's birthday at my aunt Misti's home with wonderful soups, bread and a divine chocolate cake. Misti's family has egg laying chickens for pets and it's hilarious to see her little kids just pick them up like it's a dog or a cat. Ellie liked them from a distance but wasn't too fond of them after they tried to peck at her food! My little cousin Tempe is only a few months younger than Ellie and they either get along well or are fighting. Hopefully they will grow out of that one and be friends one day.


My brother Kory quickly became Ellie's favorite and all I heard about for days was "Kor-ee". I think he's winning the favorite uncle spot for now at least.


We were also able to visit with Christianne another good friend from BYU days and her little boys Wesley and Dylan. (And Christianne was even nice enough to let me borrow one of her dresses to wear for the wedding!). Ellie is still learning how to share but she did have fun most of the time that we were there visiting!


Poor Ellie was exhausted from all the things I dragged her too. One night she just climbed into my bed with her bear and fell asleep. I couldn't resist snapping a picture!


It seemed like the week went too fast. There was a lot of people that I really wanted to see but time didn't allow. So I apologize! Hopefully next time I'm up there.

7 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Jenn looks so beautiful! I didn't even know she was engaged. Tell her congrats!

Becky said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your family. It looks like a fun trip! And now you can enjoy time with Rob and Ellie again (even if it is 90°)!

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Great trip Lachelle. Did you celebrate Halloween in Utah?

The Blakes said...

Utah is heavenly this time of year! Jen looks beautiful!

Kerrie said...

Ellie has grown up so much since i've checked last! She's so cute and i love her facial expressions. I am so excited for tomorrow! Yahoo for 102! We've had a lot of signs stolen too. People are crazy.

Nikki said...

I'm SO sorry I missed you, Lachelle! I'm sorry I changed plans. My family begged me to come a couple days early and things happened so fast. Miss you.

The Becks said...

Isn't it the best to be able to see family and friends again... especially when we live so far away from them. I am so glad you got to take a good break. I just LOVE the picture of Ellie zonked on your bed. Too cute.