Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Late Halloween Visitor

This year we had a late Halloween visitor at our house. A little mouse decided to take up residence in my stove of all places and scare the living daylights out of me on Monday when I saw it scurry across the house. I am terrified of mice (along with most bugs). All day long it kept running along my countertops in the kitchen and climb back into the stove. I prefer mice to be in cages in a pet store. Otherwise - I'm not fond of them! Needless to say - I didn't spend much time at home on Monday and we had a good afternoon at the park. We did set up some traps (glue and traditional) and he is gone now. And proceeded to spend my whole afternoon today disinfecting my entire kitchen! Even though I don't have a dirty kitchen - it made me feel like I did with that visitor.

For Halloween we were able to attend two parties last week. One was Rob's parents and brother's ward Halloween party. And then our ward's party on Friday. Ellie was the cutest little cowgirl and I dressed up as well. Any guesses as to what I went as (it's a pun)? Most people did NOT get it at all and were too polite to ask. I think they just thought I was wearing lots of makeup in one eye. I guess I need to make it a little more obvious next year! And we had hardly any trick or treaters come to our house this year so if anyone wants some candy - I have plenty to share.




On Thursday we made it to the pumpkin patch with our friends. It's a good thing we went because our little family didn't make it this year - October just went by too fast. Ellie wasn't very happy this day so I didn't get too many shots of her smiling. And my camera keeps taking fuzzy pictures and I can't figure out why! Anyone with a Canon Elph SD1000 have any ideas for me?



Ellie has decided she is still not done with her boots or her hat from her costume. She found her cowgirl hat and insisted on wearing it all through Target yesterday and the boots when she got home. And then today she wouldn't let me put a shirt on but she would wear a hat. Classy. Especially with the sucker drool (I can't figure out where on earth she is finding the candy since I thought I had it all put up way high!).



After months of searching on Craigslist - I finally found a little cozy coupe car for Ellie. She loves it! It also came with a little gas tank thing as well. Since it's in the 80's and low 90's now - she has been out on our back porch constantly! Our neighbors also gave us a little ride along toy that she likes but the car is much better in Ellie's mind.

10 comments:

Mallory said...

you were a black eyed pea!! i LOVE it!!! such a cute idea!!!

Claire said...

Ellie is a great little cowgirl! And I love your costume. How did people not get it??

The picture of Ellie in her hat and no shirt- LOVE IT!! So cute. As for your camera... does it have image stabilizer? And if so, is it turned on? That's really the only thing I can think of! :D

Libby said...

oh my goodness that makes me sick!!! i HATE mice...HATE them! we had a mouse problem a few months ago and there seriously is nothing grosser- i thought- until i heard your story. living in the stove and running around the kitchen all day...i am going to be sick! i don't know what i would have done if i were you! seriously gross. i am glad it is over. why do mice exist anyway?!

on a happier and cuter note your daughter looks adorable. the holidays are so much more fun with kids!

Shanna said...

Are you focusing the picture before you take it - you know, pushing the button halfway first and then all the way? I really want the new Elph, because it has the image stabilizer on it, which apparently gets rid of fuzzy pictures. Also if its set on "manual" sometimes the pictures come out fuzzy.

Ellie is the cutest cowgirl ever!!

Jason and Holly said...

Ellie looked really cute in her costume. I loved the picture of her and the sucker. We have several of Andrew looking like that. You have such a cute family!

heidi said...

were you fergie or will.i.am?

Erin said...

Ahh!!! Must be the season for mice b/c we just had one too. This is our second here. We had one last year and it was the grossest thing! I never saw either until they were on the trap, but so disgusting! This one my father in law saw one night and so we set up a trap right away and got it a couple of days later--it was in my laundry room. Anyway, I know what you mean about disinfecting everything afterwards. It just makes you feel so invaded. I hate mice. Alisa has one at her house too. And a couple people in my ward have had them too. Glad you got it. Ellie looked cute in her costume.

The Becks said...

It took me a bit, but I figured out your costume. Cute idea. Ellie looks adorable!

Nikki said...

That's CUTE!!! I love pun costumes. It's like a fun riddle and costume in one.... though until I figure it out I get kinda tantrummy with frustration.

Ashley Dent said...

So I have to admit that I probably would have been one of the ones questioning your costume too! It took me until I read Mallory's comment to get it! (So retarded!!) Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! Ellie was the cutest little cowgirl! We need to do a zoo trip soon!

You still like us right...I noticed our blog link was gone... :)