Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Shoplifter

So I hope I don't have a budding shoplifter on my hands but we had our first experience with it today. We were at CVS today and Ellie was riding in the little car shopping cart. When you pay at CVS there is that huge area of candy that is all within reach of Ellie when she is in the car part of the car. I was so busy checking out that I didn't notice until we got to the car that she had swiped 3 packages of Mentos and had bitten into two of them to get the candy out. She had eaten a couple - wrappers and all. So we had to make the trek back into the store and pay for the two that she had opened and return the remaining one. At least the cashier and I had a good laugh over it. I'm going to have to be a little more careful at that store to keep her away from the candy.

P.S. Our mice problem hasn't gone away. I was really hoping our one little one that we caught was enough but I found one in our laundry room today and left the laundry in there and went screaming. Gross. There are a lot more traps out so hopefully we get them all soon because I'm getting really nervous anywhere I go in my house that I will see one again.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

that is hilarious about her stealing candy...what a naughty little girl. i would've laughed if i was the clerk to. she probably just appreciated you came back

Janelle said...

we had a mouse in our apt. in provo. it ruined a whole pan of apple crisp. luckily ours just came in from a hole in the floor, so once we covered it up, it never came back.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Ellie...naughty little girl. No but I totally hear you because I feel like it's a bad idea that they always have all the candy and easy stuff to grab at the check out....of course the stores do that because they want us to buy more or the other thought is that they do it so our kids will say...oh mommy please can I have this snickers or soda...etc. Extra Special times! As far as the mouse goes...ahhhh sorry girl. I would want to have a FREAK out session. At least you were honest and went back and paid for it:).

Spitzer Family said...

What a smart little cookie! She is too cute. I love her cowgirl costume!!! The mice story is making me have heebie jeebie memories of the ticks!! I hate varmints!

Kristen Michele said...

aww little Ellie :) reminds me of Mariana when she was a baby. she was also in one of those car carts and as i was checking out, she took a candy bar and was eating it. i didn't realize until we got to the car and i went to unload her. my mom was with me, so she went back in to pay. funny things kids do!! luckily, mine haven't shoplifted again!