Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Two years ago I was looking at this tiny little face:


And now I'm looking at this grown up (but still adorable) face:



We celebrated her birthday tonight by having Rob's parents, grandma, and brother's family over. I had my first attempt at an ice cream cake and I think I'm definitely going to be making that a tradition. We also had "cakes" as Ellie calls cupcakes.







Ellie scored on the presents tonight - with plenty of princess apparel (including shoes!), kitchen dishes, and a new doll. She is a happy girl! Her little cousin Avery helped her open almost all the presents and was soo excited about every one of them for Ellie. It was so cute - I loved it.



7 comments:

Claire said...

Happy, happy birthday Ellie dear!
Happy days will come to you all year
If I had a wish then it would be,
A happy, happy birthday to you from me!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! I can't believe that you have gone from being such a little peanut to such a beautiful little girl. 2 years has gone by so fast!

LaurenOpie said...

She looks like such a cute little girl! Crazy. Happy birhday Ellie!!

Christina MC said...

Congrats on the ice cream cake. It looks fab-you'll have to share your secrets because ice cream cake is my fav Bday cake. Our girls are getting so big so fast...

Rachael said...

How fun! Time sure does fly. Jace will have to come play dress up with her like he does with Nicole's girls - just don't tell Zach he likes that ;)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Happy Birthday!

Ted and Hilery said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like she had a great time. Nora would be jealous of her princess dress up clothes!