Sunday, April 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

I love St. Patrick's Day!  It's such a fun holiday for kids to celebrate and since I'm part Irish (my paternal Grandma was Irish) - I feel like it's a good day to celebrate.  Rob was in Arizona for the weekend but that didn't mean that I couldn't plan some fun things for the girls!

The leprechaun started the day off for us by turning all the toilet water green, the milk green, leaving some Lucky Charms, and by sending the girls on a little treasure hunt.  At the end of the hunt, they found green sand pails filled with some green colored toys and a little candy.  Eliza loved this treasure hunt and didn't stop talking about it the rest of the day!  









 We had a Irish/green themed dinner with corned beef sandwiches, sour cream and onion chips, green grapes, and green jell-o.  We finished it off by heading to Culver's for some mint green and Oreo frozen custard!  



P.S.  That binky/pacifier that Chloe is sporting is now GONE!!  We went cold turkey on cutting her off from the pacifier and I'm so happy to be binky free for a little while until the new baby comes.  Now if I could just get her to be 100% on potty training.....

No comments: