Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chloe's Halloween Themed Birthday Party

We only do "friend" birthday parties every other year in our house and this year was Chloe's first year to have a friend party.  While I much prefer not hosting a party at my house and would rather pay to have it done at a different place, this year that was not an option.  So, I convinced Chloe that we should have a Halloween themed party (mainly because I had everything on hand to pull it off!).  We invited her friends from preschool, from Sunbeams class at church, and then our neighbor Avery (who is kind enough to let Chloe tag along when her and Eliza are playing).  It was a costume party and Chloe opted to be a fairy this year and designed her own costume (love how easy she made it on me!).

The party started out by making a pumpkin craft (foam pumpkins with foam stickers) while the kids were arriving.  Then we moved into the game section.  I had 8 games planned and the kids FLEW threw them!  We played things like "ghost, ghost, boo", drop the clothespin into the coffin, candy corn relay, making a spider web out of yarn, etc.  We also did a parade around the house in their costumes. Granted they were 3-4 year old kids so the concept of playing games didn't pan out as well as I planned!



Next we moved on to a little lunch.  We had mummy hot dogs, apples and vanilla wafers with pumpkin fluff dip, ghost bananas, and pumpkin oranges to eat.  Lunch was eaten on a Halloween themed table cloth in our family room.



After our lunch, we did the presents while Dad ran off to get some matches to light the candles on the birthday cake.  Chloe was spoiled by her friends with lots of fun things like a Tinkerbell music box, a stuffed animal Pinkie Pie, craft items, dress up, and doctor kit.  


We ended the party with cake and ice cream after singing to Chloe.  The cake still makes me laugh but it was exactly what Chloe wanted!  She asked for a pink pumpkin cake with My Little Pony's on it.  She was thrilled and I am just hoping I can get better at these theme cakes or we are going to have to start spending money on buying a cake each year.  





 




No comments: