Monday, August 21, 2006

Broken Windows . ...

So yesterday I went to church like I do every Sunday. Meetings start at 9 a.m. and I'm usually out the door by 12:15. Yesterday though Rob got a new calling (actually the same calling in the Young Men's Organization as the Teachers Quorum Advisor/Varsity Scout leader but with a new president so they had to release him and put him back in again) so we stayed after church to deal with that business. So I went out to my car (we drove separately since Rob needed to be there early) only to be met with the site of my drivers side front window completely smashed in with glass everywhere!



I didn't even really look at anything inside - I just ran back inside to find Rob since I didn't have my cell phone on me or anything. He had just stepped back into a meeting so I had to wait a few minutes. I grabbed him as soon as he walked out and we ran out to my car again. Turns out someone was trying to rip off my stereo but they weren't successful. They had ripped out the whole area around the stereo but my face plate and stereo were still there. Now keep in mind - I don't have a fancy stereo by any means! It's one step up from the stock stereo that Toyota puts in. And I do have a detachable face plate but I havent really taken it off in 3 years or probably the last time I lived in an apartment complex! I was lucky because it seems like the thief was scared off. They probably have no idea how often people come in and out of an LDS church building! Anyway - I guess I should count my blessings since they didn't even get my stereo. But I had to wait around 45 minutes for a cop to show up and have him write a report and tell me I could drive home and call the Crime Scene Unit to try and dust for fingerprints. The Crime Scene Unit took 5 hours to show up at my house and got some fingerprints but I'm not very hopeful that it's going to result in anything!

Of course this had to happen on a Sunday in August in Arizona. Let me tell you how hot it is to drive with no window on the drivers side - even with air conditioning going full blast! No glass shops were open yesterday so I have to try and find a company that will come out today and fix my window for me. Then I have to find someone who can tint that window for me! Rob laughs at me because one of my first thoughts was how I'm going to find someone to tint my window to match my other windows in the car. My front windows are tinted a little darker than they are supposed to be legally (not that cops really are in Arizona) but you have to find people that do jobs on the side in order to get it taken care of. . ... Anyway - fun day for us!

2 comments:

heidi said...

could something else happen to you guys? seriously. perhaps a computers dying, or the ceiling falling down in your house or people stealing your stuff. you are beginning to remind me of Job.

kristenita said...

man - the luck! I'm glad nothing was stolen, but that's still crappy! sure you guys aren't living in the ghetto? just kidding. last summer my dad had a really nice digital camera stolen out of his truck from under the SEAT & he had tools in there (nice ones) that they didn't even touch - at least crooks are usually stupid too. hope that window tinting matches - I thought the same thing - hee hee.