Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day preparations are in full swing at the Bodine house. Many of you know I love holidays and like to plan really early . .. but this one is extra special because it's when Baby Bodine is expected to make its arrival. :) We are very excited about this! And my actual due date is really February 15th but everytime I tell someone that - I get "oh you are having a Valentine's Baby"!

So far things are moving right along. I'll have finished 14 weeks as of tomorrow and start into the 15th week. The first trimester was pretty rough on me. I have never been so sick and had a really hard time keeping anything down until my doctor put me on Zofran and Phenergan. Thank goodness for modern medicine! I still don't have my appetite completely back but I must be doing something right because I've managed to put on 4 pounds after losing quite a few at the beginning. I haven't quite figured out how when I feel like I'm eating less than ever but as long as the baby is healthy - that's all I care about! My clothes are struggling right now - I can only fit into two of my pants these days and had to go buy some longer and bigger shirts. But maternity clothes are still too big so I guess I just have to get used to feeling frumpy all the time. :)

We've had one ultrasound already and the baby was wiggling around like crazy at that appointment at 10 weeks and confirmed that there is only one in there (thank goodness!). And we've heard the heartbeat which was at 163 as of August 15.

So now we're just waiting for the big ultrasound which is scheduled in 4 weeks on September 12th. I'm already counting down the days until then! Rob is convinced we are having a boy and I think we are having a girl. So we figure one of us is right! And obviously we will be happy with whatever "it" turns out to be. I just am ready to find out so I can start shopping and decorating!

Anyway - for those of you that have been through this . ... any advice? I'd love to hear it!

Excuse the blurry picture - but this is the first real sign we got!

12 comments:

Kristen Michele said...

Lachelle! I'm so happy for you :) I can't believe you're that far along and you didn't tell me. No it's okay. Congratulations! You know I've been through it twice already, so if you ever need any advice or anything, you can come to me! I know I'm hard to get a hold of on the gmail chat, but you can always e-mail me. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see pictures!!!!

Jessica said...

yay! i'm so excited for you! i'm only a couple of weeks behind you. how fun. i think our ultrasound will be at the beginning of october and i can't wait to find out what we're having. i'm very impatient like that! i'm sorry to hear you were so sick. that always sucks. just try and get as much sleep as you can. and i always recommend the book "healthy sleep habits, happy child" to all my friends who have babies. this one worked like a charm with grace and ethan too (although i hadn't read it yet for him until he was already a year old). anyway, this is too long, but congratulations, again!

The*Evans*Family said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. If you ever need a shopping partner - I'm your girl! I've already been scoping out toddler bedding for Carson and he's only 10 months old. Ha. Keep me posted on your appointments, etc. Very exciting!!!!

heidi said...

congratulations! my best advice: only you know what is best for your child. go with your gut.
hooray for you!!!

Lokodi said...

As soon as I got pregnant, I began to notice every other woman on the planet that was pregnant. I think they all look better than I do too! I'm very happy for you. It's really exciting when you finally feel the baby move for the first time. I'm just glad I'm eight months instead of back at week 15! I think this is one of the ways God teaches you patience, but I'm tired of being patient. Good luck on your journey. I'm sure she or he will be beautiful. By the way, I'm glad you have a blog. My family has one and we are constantly posting new things. It's great huh!

Lindsey Lokodi

Rob and Sarah said...

Congratulations Lachelle! I am sorry you are sick. I get sooooo sick too when I am pregnant so I know how miserable it is. It is like having the flu for three months ugh! I could never figure out what I wanted to eat either because nothing sounds good and I would make my Rob get me a lot of stuff "to go" from restaurants because that is all that sounded good. There are still some things I can not eat to this day that made me sick during pregnancy. I thought the middle trimester of pregancy is tough for clothes too. From about 3 months to 6 months, you can find nothing to wear because your old clothes are too small and maternity clothes are too big. I actually went and bought bigger sizes in shirts and drawstring khackis and capris at old navy and american eagle because there shirts were long and wore those till I was about 6-7 months along. I didn't even wear maternity shirts till my last couple of months because they were tents on me. I am excited for you!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Lachelle!!!
Oh I'm soooo thrilled for you and Rob!!! You are going to be the cutest mom. I'm sorry you've been feeling so yucky. Oh we'll have to chat!!! I agree w/Heidi - you know what's best for your little guy or gal. I can't wait to hear more a/b everything. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily C said...

oh my goodness! i heard the news from Jessica! I'm so excited for you!! what great news to share!! keep us posted!

kristenita said...

I feel your pain on no clothes fitting. there is this thing called the bellyband ('pea in the pod' sells it) that is like a giant elastic tubetop thing you wear around your waist - so you can wear maternity pants sooner or your regular ones unbottoned longer. my friend got one and loved it. I stuck to stretchy stuff: gaucho pants, drawstring scrub bottoms, lowrise jeans a couple sizes bigger, etc. and now at only 24 wks I feel huge because I can keep my maternity pants from falling off.
also, there's a really funny book by Jenny McCarthy ("Belly Laughs") that I got from the library... although she is totally inappropriate & a sometimes vulgar, her book is hilarious & made me feel better about all the craziness my body is going through.
and don't listen to anyone's horror stories! I don't know why they want to share them & freak us out - we are already freaked out enough! YOU'LL BE GREAT!!! :)

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Congratulations Lachelle! That is so exciting. You will be a great mother. Valentine's Day is a perfect time for a new baby in Arizona. Good luck with the pregnancy, enjoy it as much as you can!

Ted and Hilery said...

Congrats Lachelle! I hope your pregnancy goes well. I obviously have no advice but try to enjoy it! I think pregnancy is an amazing thing worth not fitting in clothes for awhile!

Kristen Michele said...

Hey Lachelle! I was just reading through your comments. Your friend that suggested the book "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy is right. It's sometimes vulgar, but hilarious! I actually read it after Phoenix was born and loved it! She also has one for the frst year after the baby is born called "Baby Laughs". Then a newer one called "Life Laughs" about motherhood, marriage, etc. I've only read the first two, but I also recommend them for a good laugh :)