Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Primary Program


Sunday was a happy day in my life since the kids in my ward (congregation) finally did their Primary Program presentation. For those that aren't familiar with it - the Primary Program involves all the kids in our church from ages 3-11. We are given a theme at the beginning of the calendar year that we study all year long. They learn songs and other things to go along with the theme and on one Sunday in the fall - they present this program to everyone in the ward. Being in the primary presidency - it was my job to be in charge of the program this year. I must have been clueless growing up because I had no idea that each ward wrote their own program! And last year I was in charge but someone else had already written the program so it was a lot easier. This year I have been stressing about Sunday November 12th since July when I first started writing the script. Luckily, we have a fabulous music leader and the kids learned their parts and sang the songs so well that I really had no reason to worry! Many people told us it was the best program that they had ever seen and although I don't believe that - I know the kids did so well and they even got me teary eyed because I was so proud of them. And now I can breathe a little sigh of relief! That is until this weekend when I need to get the Sharing Time ready for Primary. There is always something, huh?

1 comment:

heidi said...

i can't wait until our ward's program this sunday. i miss those silly kids so much now! even though my calling in music was so time consuming, i really felt like i was making a little difference.