Monday, February 19, 2007

Feeding and Diapers

People really weren't kidding when they told me I would basically be feeding and changing diapers 24/7! It's a good thing little Ellie is worth it. :)

We've been having lots of fun with Ellie at home. My dogs still aren't sure what to think about her but they have learned already that they aren't allowed to touch her or sit on mine or Rob's lap when we have the baby. And I think since Ellie has been listening to them bark in the womb for the last 9 months - she doesn't even get phased when she hears them bark now! It's quite nice actually that she can sleep through so much noise. I just need to get back to vaccuming and those loud noises so she is used to them also.

I really have no complaints so far with being a mom! I'm trying to take the advice and sleep when she sleeps but I find myself just staring at her instead of sleeping sometimes. She's just so cute!



Ellie found her thumb already!



This baby beanie bed is my favorite invention! I can put Ellie on it and then have her sit in my lap and she is totally happy.

7 comments:

Rob and Sarah said...

Congratulations! She is sooo cute! I can see why you just want to stare at her.

Kristen Michele said...

Wow Lachelle, she is adorable! She reminds me so much of Mariana with that dark hair. I miss having a little baby! Phoenix was around a newborn for the first time this weekend and he just loved it. He kept asking to hold her and was reading to her and everytime she'd cried, he'd shout "The baby. Crying! Oh no!" It was so cute. Anyway, get lots of rest :) I completely understand you wanting to stare at her though. You feel like you don't want to miss just one breath. Hopefully you'll be up in WA soon and we can get together and I can meet her. I would love that!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Congrats. I loved that you had a good labor. She is such a doll. By far one of the prettiest newborns I've seen. Take care and congrats again!

Jessica said...

oh, she is such a doll! i LOVE that picture of her sucking her thumb. i bet she will be a super easy baby for you. grace was a thumb sucker, and she was a piece of cake as far as sleeping and temperament went. i'm glad you seem to be doing so well!

Christina said...

I love seeing the pictures! Keep them coming!

The Blakes said...

She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

she needs to find her dadscock not her thumb