Sunday, February 04, 2007

One more reason to love Costco


Last Thursday on my way to work, I managed to get a flat tire. Of course smart me at 6:45 a.m. didn't realize that I had a flat tire until I was almost driving on my rim. I just thought my alignment was really off and was talking to Rob on the phone and telling him how I needed to drop off my car at lunch to get that fixed. Since I wasn't near anything - Rob came with a can of fix a flat. It worked great and my car was drivable and I could make it to work. After work I headed over to Costco since that is where I buy my tires and they fix flats for free. Turns out that you should never use the "fix a flat" stuff on your tires unless you never plan on using the tire again! Apparently they are unrepairable after that. So I was going to have to buy a new tire (after replacing all of my tires in August). Only problem was - they didn't care these tires anymore! I said that I would go to the Discount Tire store across the street but the Costco guy said he would give me 3 new tires for free and just prorate the use of the 4th one that I ruined. Sounded like a good deal to me! I ended up getting $375 worth of tires for $50. So just another reason to love Costco. :)

No comments: