Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Mornings

I have never really liked mornings until I became a mom! Now they are actually an enjoyable part of the day. Ellie wakes up between 5:30-6:30 every morning which is way too early for me! But I feed her and then we lay in bed and watch the morning news and take a morning nap. I did this when we first came home from the hospital - just so I could get some more sleep. Now it has pretty much become a habit! She'll usually fall back asleep within 45 minutes of her first feeding and sleep for 2-3 hours. Just so you don't think I'm too lazy - I usually just sleep for an extra 30-60 minutes and then get up and get things done. But I love that I can slowly start my morning! I definitely take advantage of it since I know it's not going to be like this forever. Rob joins us on this morning ritual when he doesn't have to go to work at the crack of dawn . . Thanks honey for working so hard and letting me stay home with the little princess. :)


Stretched out on the bed


Sleeping with Daddy


A little tired after the morning bath


We call this the "camera smile". She only smiles like this for the camera! Her normal smile is unfortunately just like mine - where it takes up her whole face and she squints her eyes.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Those are the cutest pictures! And I would LOVE to see a picture of Ellie smiling like her mommy. You have one of the best smiles I've ever seen. I'll be waitin' for that picture! :)

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Aww Ellie is darling and what a sweet picture of daddy and his girl sleeping.

Mindy said...

I love the morning ritual. Even though Ava is almost 2 we still sometimes sneak back to my bed after she wakes up and lay there as a family waiting for the day to start. I love it! Way to see the positive in the early Mom mornings!
-Mindy

Kerrie said...

My boy has started waking up that early. He's two though so we can't just sit and watch the news. He doesn't think that's a very exciting way to start the day. I LOVE your smile and Ellie's. I think its adoreable!