Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hiding

My little dog Roxy is known for getting in trouble at our house so whenever she disappears for a while - I try and figure out where she is hiding and what she has stolen to chew on. Today I couldn't help but laugh when I was looking all over for her and finally found her ... with her head peeking out of all the pillows on our bed! I'm still not sure how she managed to wiggle her way in there but it looked funny to just see her head sticking out so I quickly grabbed the camera.





I haven't been updating this week because it's been a slow one! I've hit the point of the summer where I'm just sick and tired of this heat. Ellie and I have been camping out at home and cleaning out a ton of stuff in our house (since it's just too hot to even leave the house most of the time!). I have been listing a bunch of things on Craigslist, ebay, and have taken things to DI. Another pile is being made for a garage sale that I think we will have next month after our garage is done and we realize how many more things we can get rid of!

Ellie really is getting more and more fun each day (I know everyone says that but it's true!). She can sit up all by herself for quite a long time now without falling over. We are working really hard on tummy time but since she figured out how to get on her back - she usually rolls herself to her back pretty quickly! I'm not sure how she is going to learn to crawl when she is so much more content to be on her back . .. but I keep on putting her on her tummy and spend lots of time on the floor with her playing (I think I have the best job in the world). And I remind myself that I'm not really read for her to start crawling anytime soon so it's all good.

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

That's so funny about your dog. It's little head poking out! I had a chuckle over it myself!

Shae said...

I am so impressed with how well she is developed! That is awesome that she sits up so well! Kara never liked her tummy and so she just ended up walking at an early age and skipped crawling altogether. Ellie is so CUTE!

Rachael said...

Your dog is hilarious! How in the world?!

We need to get the kids together soon! Ellie is getting so grown up. Don't be in a hurry for her to crawl! Jace started army crawling all over the place last week. I THOUGHT my house was kid-proof - I thought wrong! I have to look for him like you look for the dog...