Sunday, January 06, 2008

Football, Football & More Football

This about describes the New Year for us - FOOTBALL! My dad and brothers Tysen and Trent came down on December 30th to enjoy the nice winter weather in Arizona and catch some football games.

On New Years Eve we went to the Insight Bowl at Sun Devils Stadium in Tempe. It was a blowout game and not that exciting. Ellie even fell asleep during it she was so bored! We met up with my Uncle Vern and cousin Jacob at the game also. I forgot to pull out my camera for a group picture though. Afterwards we met up with my mom's cousin Kelly and his wife Kim for dinner at PF Changs. The Fiesta Bowl Block Party was happening on the street right outside PF Changs so we decided to walk through (free tickets from the Insight Bowl game) and walked to the park and heard the Bare Naked Ladies perform. Ellie was such a trooper! We kept her up later than ever before and she was so happy and good for us. Of course it has taken me about 5 days to get her back on a schedule but what can you do? We left the Block Party at 11 and went back to our house to ring in the New Year.


New Year's Day was filled with watching football games all day long. I made a full spread of taco and nacho fixings for us to munch on all day (along with the leftover goodies from Christmas). We intermixed the games with some rounds of Rock Band which is always fun.

January 2nd, I took Ellie over to my in-laws in the late afternoon so they could babysit her and went with my dad and brothers to pick up Rob from work and head to the Fiesta Bowl. Dad got us great seats again - in the lower section of the endzone. It was the Oklahoma Sooners playing against the West Virginia Mountaineers. The Sooners were expected to win (especially after their embarrassing lost last year to Boise State) but they once again couldn't pull through. Rob was cheering for the Mountaineers the whole time and egging on the Sooners fans around us. I don't think the Sooners will be wanting to come back to the Fiesta Bowl after their second loss in a row there! It was still fun and much more of an exciting game than the Insight Bowl.




Rob has had enough football to last him until next New Years but it was fun to have my family in town for a few days. Ellie really loved her Uncle Tysen's attention too.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Ellie really is a trooper! How fun to have family in town.

JTA said...

I hear you on the football thing. Enough to last until next year for me although Nate would beg to differ. Yeah, I found out when I was 6 weeks along, we just haven't told anybody but family till now. I figured when we knew the flavor would be a fun way to tell people. I was scared to have a girl, but I'm getting excited since we found out, so like 3 days ago. I just have to get used to the idea of buying pink.:)

Shanna said...

I love that pic of Tysen and Ellie! Looks like fun - I'm jealous you always get to go to the bowl games.