Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Funny Things

Ellie has been doing some of the funniest things lately. She will stand in the same spot for minutes at a time not even moving. We're not sure if she is just working on her balance or what. She can walk whenever she wants to but decides most of the time that it is just faster and easier to crawl. Only now the crawl is not her normal one - but one where her bum is way high in the air! I crack up every time I see it because it looks so funny. We captured it on video camera the other day but I haven't been able to upload it. She does it all the time now so I'll have to try catching it again and see if a different video will work on here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOY3cPGqMI
I tried uploading this video onto youtube. You can see a typical minute in her life - capturing the dog, walking and giving up, a funny crawl, etc.

When we pick her up out of her car seat, high chair or crib - she will now give us these great big hugs where she wraps her arms completely around us and then pats our backs. I guess Rob and I have done that to her a lot? It's so funny to have her give us little pats on our back though! And we love her great hugs where she grips on sooo tight.

2 comments:

heidi said...

i bet she is so fun to have around! and i love the rick rack on the new layout!!!

Nikki said...

What a cutie. I LOVE it when they start mimicking your hugs. It's heart-melting. I love your new lay-out, BTW... thanks for posting the info. I've used it for a new blog I'm doing for my calling.