Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tinay

My cousin Tinay passed away this past week at the age of 19 in Vancouver, WA. Although it was expected - we will still miss her! Tinay was born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy which explained simply means that her muscles would keep getting weaker as time went on. Tinay and her brother Tyler are both in wheelchairs but probably some of the smartest people I have ever met. Tinay graduated from high school last summer. I always loved to discuss books with her and enjoyed the crafts she made for Christmas every year. I am so glad that they only lived 2 hours away when we were all growing up and we could see them for all of the holidays. Tinay was such an example to me of someone who persevered despite difficult circumstances. She had such a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what it meant to be a Child of God. I'm so grateful that I was able to see her over the summer and that Ellie was able to meet her.

7 comments:

Uffens Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss...it seems like you have experiences so much in such a short time.
It is amazing how those special spirits teach us so much and help us keep everything in perspecive.

Nikki said...

What an incredible person. I'm sorry because I know you'll miss her until you get to see her again.

Nicole said...

hey lady, so sorry about tinay. it seems like it is never ending with your family... let me know if you need anyting...love you!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Lachelle you are so strong and I feel so sad that you have experienced so many members of your family pass away. What a blessing to be members of the church and to know that Families are Forever. I am thankful that you and Ellie were able to see your family over the summer. Take care and please let me know if you need anything.

Hadley Family Clan! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Good thing we have the Gospel in our homes and lives. It's always sad when someone we know and love moves on to the next stage of their lives. I cannot wait to remeet all of the people who went before me. If you need anything let me know - I may be a little bit farther away but that doesn't mean I can't help.

Anonymous said...

Lachelle, I am so sorry. I have quite a few memories of Tinay and Tyler coming to your house to visit. The never let anything slow them down. I just wanted to send my regards.