Friday, March 07, 2008

Spring Training

I missed going to any Spring Training games last year since Ellie was just way too young to be going out in public. But I wasn't going to let that happen this year! I looked at the schedules in January and noticed that on a Friday afternoon, the Mariners were going to be playing the Chicago Cubs in Mesa at Hohokam Park. PERFECT since we live maybe 5 minutes from that stadium! So I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale for the lawn section (I knew Ellie couldn't handle a regular seat).

Rob was able to take the afternoon off so we could have a nice little family afternoon at the ballpark. It was a really crowded day with tons of Cubs fans but we were able to eat lunch, sit on the grass for a few innings, walk around and enjoy the beautiful sunny day. Of course Ellie didn't last that long but she did pretty well. Next year I will remember to bring sunglasses and a hat for Ellie.



2 comments:

The Blakes said...

What a fun day! The weather is perfect for family outings! I'm glad Ellie is feeling better. She's such a cute little girl!

Shanna said...

So jealous!! I'm so glad you got to go :)