Sunday, January 11, 2009

Skiing, Tubing and Anniversary Celebration

My dad rented a couple of condos in Midway, UT for a few days while we were in Utah so we all headed out for a day of tubing with my aunt Misti and Uncle Bob and their kids. We just found a local hill and went for it! This was Ellie's first real encounter with the snow and of course I manged to forget her cute snow coat at my grandparents house in Layton for these few days (Thankfully Misti had an extra one for us to borrow). Rob took Ellie down the hill and at first she was pretty excited until the end of the hill when all the snow flew in her face! She was not a happy camper after that. Rob even tried taking her again but they fell off the snow sled that time so it didn't help the issue. We spent most of the time holding her at the top of the hill and listening to her freak out if we moved her even the slightest bit (she did not want to go down again). It was still fun to take our own trips down the hill and watch everyone else do their crazy moves!

Rob holding Tempe and Ellie

Ellie and Rob

Attempt at a family shot
Kory getting some air

Crazy dad

Dad and I before we crashed

The whole gang


After tubing, Rob and I left Ellie in the hands of Grandpa White and Grandma Debbie for the night (thanks again) and went to celebrate our 4th anniversary. Since the plan for the next day was to go skiing and my dad wanted to rent the equipment from BYU where it is cheaper, Rob and I headed to Provo for the night and to stay at my dad and Debbie's place there. We went to a yummy dinner at Tucano's and then saw the movie Valkyrie. Real romantic huh?! :) Rob has been wanting to see that movie for a long time and it was actually a quite interesting movie.

The next morning we were at BYU Campus at 8:00 A.M. on the dot to pick up the ski gear. Unfortunately there was still a huge family in front of us and we had to wait a while! But we finally loaded up the gear and made it back to Midway around 9:30 where we were able to see Ellie for a quick little bit before we left her with Misti and her kids for the day. (She didn't let us out of her site the rest of the trip - worried we were going to leave her again). We went to the Canyons resort for the day. It's been three years since I've been skiing and I am very out of practice! Rob snowboarded for only the 3rd time ever and he's really very good. I didn't take my camera this day so I'm going to have to have my dad e-mail the pictures he got on his camera phone. All in all - we had fun but we were VERY sore the next day.

After a full day of skiing, we headed back to the condo to clean up and change and pick up Ellie. We then headed to Rob's Uncle's house up near Ogden for a night visiting his relatives(The DeYoung side). It was a night of good food and enjoying their new beautiful home and Ellie was able to play with a lot of little kids there as well.

3 comments:

The Becks said...

I wish I would have known you were there. We have been in Utah a lot lately. I would have loved to catch up with you. No worries, we will be visiting AZ in Feb. so I will call you then. Looks like you guys had a fun time (even if Ellie doesn't like snow in the face).

Claire said...

How fun!!! I have the snowboard itch so bad! I've only been once since we got married (and I use to go at least once a week...) We are going in March and I'm nervous about how bad I'll be... :D Hopefully its like riding a bike!

Brenda said...

How fun! I miss sledding. We would make a hill down some stairs with snow in our backyard as kids. My Dad was the one that got us all into it. It can be a lot of fun!
Happy Anniversary!