Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thankful for Ultrasounds!

I had my second OB appointment today and my regular doctor wasn't there (which he told me in advance he would be gone) so I had his nurse instead. She took my blood pressure and then got out the doppler and proceeded to search and search and search for the heartbeat. I was starting to panic a little bit at this point but I think she could sense that and she quickly turned on the ultrasound machine and I could see my little baby kicking its feet. Thank goodness! She still really struggled to find the heartbeat so I'm not sure what was going on but I am not as concerned since we saw the baby on the ultrasound machine. Ellie came with me and she was soo good and kept talking about the baby in my tummy. We still have 4 weeks until the big ultrasound but I'm getting more and more excited!

I'm still not feeling great in the afternoons/evenings and I seemed to peak in throwing up last week for some reason. But the last couple of days I've actually been craving orange juice. I'm pretty excited to have A CRAVING at all since most food sounds repulsive still!

9 comments:

Claire said...

Yay for cravings!! And what a cute little baby... girl! :D Just kidding. I'm so anxious for your next appointment! I want to know if I'm right!

Christina MC said...

Your baby's doing a head stand or somersault!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

How fun that you have already heard the heart beat a few times. Ya it's not a good feeling when you worry but I am happy that everything was good. They say that the best way to feel your baby kicking is by drinking orange juice so you should have a very active baby "girl". All I know is if it's a boy I will be surprised!!! It seems that my friends either have ALL BOYS or ALL GIRLS. I am so excited for you and what a good little girl Ellie was:).

kristenita said...

so scary when they can't find the heartbeat!!! it almost happened to me at one appointment & just when the nurse practitioner & I were both starting to panic, she found that little beat. what a relief.
so nice that you could just get an ultrasound right there!

hope you get to eat soon.
:(

Terra said...

What a cute little foot. One time they couldn't find Kenny's heartbeat, but he kept kicking the doppler to we weren't to worried.

Mallory said...

yay! i cant wait till you find out what you are having! be sure to post it! thanks for leaving your comment on my blog. it was really helpful.

Christine said...

I'm glad that everything is okay. I know the feeling of dread and then having it come to real life. It's definitely not fun and something I hope you guys never have to experience, especially since you obviously produce such cute kids. :) I think you're having a GIRL, but secretly hope for a BOY. So I'll be excited either way. Can't wait!!

Spitzer Family said...

What a cute little snapshot of the babe! I can't wait to hear what you are having!

AnaleeCuller said...

woo hoo I didn't know you are prego! yeah! congrats, hope you are doing good! love ya! analee