Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July 2009

I always love celebrating 4th of July, but every year that I spend in Arizona on the 4th...I wonder why I didn't go out of town. It is way too hot! Nonetheless, we packed a lot in that day. We got up bright and early and helped out at the Ward breakfast that morning. While I wasn't thrilled at the time, I did love saying the Pledge of Allegiance and watching the flag ceremony. A great reminder to start off the day!

We all crashed for a few hours after getting up so early. Then Ellie swam in her little kiddie pool for a bit.

And then we headed off to see the movie "Up". I thought it was a great movie but Ellie had a few rough patches in the movie with the dogs. She thought Doug (main dog) was getting hurt by some of the other dogs and cried. She's just a little sensitive when it comes to dogs! Luckily we were able to get through those rough patches and lasted the whole movie.


For fireworks that night we went near Mesquite High School and watched their show. Ellie would be interested for a minute and then get distracted by people around her and then watch again. But it was almost too hot to enjoy it so we didn't even stay for the whole show.

7 comments:

JDS said...

Her skirt is super cute!

Brenda said...

You mean they still haven't gotten the annual 4th of July breakfast time right?! I always wished they would move it to 8:30 or even 9.

Ellie looks so cute in her 4th of July outfit. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Bren said...

Your family is beautiful and congrats on baby girl #2. Having girls in LOTS of fun! Thanks for the blog invite, it'll be fun to keep in touch and see how your family is doing!

The Wiser Side said...

sounds fun!!-I agree on the hotness. And I wish the firework show would have gone faster-it was kind of slow moving, until the end-it even lost my attention!

Ted and Hilery said...

I love Ellie's cute grin. I am glad you had a good 4th of July. If you want somewhere to go that is cooler next year... think about Iowa! :)

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Ellie is so dang cute! I love the picture below of her covered in baby powder! :)
So guess what? We are moving to Gilbert! Probably at the end of August. We bought a home on Warner & Gilbert Rd and we're just fixing it up right now. I'll have to let you know when we move officially and we can get together!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Ellie is so cute and I love her smile and her cute 4th of July outfit. I know it's so dang hot here that it's hard to really enjoy being outside on the 4th. I love being in Alaska for the 4th:).