Sunday, August 02, 2009

One of those days...

That's really the only way I can describe the events of today so far! It started out with my coming down with a major head cold on Friday night out of the blue. I really do think it's true that pregnant women are much more susceptible to illness than other times since I seem to catch a lot of stuff when I'm pregnant! We had a low key Saturday at home and after planning my Sharing Time lesson for Sunday... I was in bed by 7:30. Rob was nice enough to deal with getting Ellie calmed down and put to bed for me so I could get to bed. I was able to get a lot of sleep in and woke up this morning feeling a little bit better.

We headed to church and were running a bit late and I sat down and realized very quickly how hot it was in the chapel and saw everyone fanning their faces. The air conditioning wasn't working in the chapel! My friend Karlie handed me a large folder to provide more air and Rob had to go and sit on the stand since the majority of our Bishopric was at Girl's Camp. As soon as we had the Sacrament... I bailed to the much cooler hallway with Ellie. Granted I missed the rest of the meeting since I couldn't hear anything out there but I know I would have passed out with the heat! Thankfully the Primary and Nursery rooms seemed to have working air conditioning.

Ellie has decided not to take a nap today and has been watching some cartoons and being pretty good considering the no-nap thing. Rob headed to do some visits and I was sitting here on the computer doing a little catch up when she walks in and says "Look Mommy". This is what I see:



This is pliable hair clay/pomade that Rob had used this morning before church and left on the bathroom counter. Let me tell you this stuff is not easy to clean off or wash out of hair! After four washings - I can still feel it in her hair. Oh the joys of a curious 2 year old. :)

Good thing I have a full container of ice cream in my freezer... I'm definitely going to need a big bowl tonight after this fun filled day! And thankfully most of my days definitely do not go like this....

6 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh no! She's just trying to be stylish ;) Yeah that stuff is really sticky (not to mention expensive), but I can't believe its taken so long to get it out of her hair! Try peanut butter...she would probably like that too! I hope you ate some the entire container of ice cream last night!!

Brenda said...

That darn AC! I don't think that that building has had any luck during the summer months. I always thought they should open the gym because it always seemed cooler in there, but try and get a man to agree with me, ya right! You were smart to go out into the hall.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Oh no! I was kind of getting sick last Sunday (not yesterday) because of how hot it was in our building. I actually went home during Sunday School because I felt terrible. But, the chapel was better than the classrooms (thank goodness).

And--I've found ice cream to be my friend too. Hooray for ice cream!

Jolynn said...

She was just having fun. She looks super cute.

The Hall's said...

I'm with Shanna...I hope you sat down with the entire container and a spoon and enjoyed yourself. It's a pregnant woman's perogative! Oh the joys of 2 year olds combined with pregnant mommies. It makes quite a combo!

Terra said...

Yuck, no air conditioning in August?! When you already have a personal heater even! I hope your sharing time went well!:)