Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Shower

I have to admit that I wasn't really on board with having another baby shower since I'm having my 2nd girl in a row...but Amy and Jessica didn't really listen to me and threw me and this little baby girl a shower yesterday. And I'm so glad that they did because it was so much fun! It ended up being a small group of us that had all been in the same ward together at one point or another. We had lots of yummy food and treats and played some really fun games. And this little girl and I were spoiled rotten! So many wonderful presents. And now I'm finally feeling like I'm ready to have her. Thanks again girls for a wonderful afternoon!

The fabulous food and table spreads:





Amy planned the best baby shower games. One of them we had to put a paper plate on top of our heads and draw a baby without being able to see what we were drawing.


Another game we had to try and see how many baby socks we could match together in 30 seconds (I need to work on my speed on this one).


And another where there were 10 baby objects inside of paper bags and we had to guess what they were just by feeling the bag.


Some of the people who came (I didn't think to get a picture with the whole group and missed one with Jessica as well for some reason):

Becky and I getting ready to enjoy the cupcakes!


C, Emily, Brenda, Elena, and I enjoying the food.


Amy and I



Opening up some of the presents:

8 comments:

Nicole said...

fun times! i'm glad someone is spoiling you...now this baby needs to come so i can see what she looks like!!!

Brenda said...

Thanks again for the invite. I had a great time!=>

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Your so sweet Lachelle. Your an amazing friend and you and your baby girl deserved a fun shower:). I know Jessica and I had a great time planning it and I loved doing all the games. It was so fun to see friends we haven's seen in a long time and being able to enjoy the afternoon. I am excited for you baby girl to be here soon and for her to wear all the adorable clothes and bows:).

Christina MC said...

It was a really fun shower and I loved getting to see some familiar faces that I've missed since I moved SO far away. Glad you had fun too.

Paula said...

this is going to be one well dressed little girl. how fun and I can't believe how close you are getting to your due date.

Jessica said...

that looks like so much fun! it's nice to have a reason to gather together and eat yummy treats and play games, right?

just a few weeks left! have you decided on a name yet?

The Becks said...

Looks like the shower was lots of fun. Good game ideas for next time I host a shower. I can't believe you have less than a month left. Wasn't I just barely there in AZ? Where does time go. You on the other hand are probably saying "are we there yet?" When you are prego it feels like years. Can't wait to meet your new baby girl!

Becky said...

Those are some wonderful party game ideas. (Much better than the smooshed candy in the diaper we did at the last shower I went to.) Hope everything goes smoothly with the new arrival. What exciting times!