Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The Waiting Game

I keep being asked for updates on the arrival of baby girl number 2... but I don't have much to report. And surprisingly I'm doing okay with that! The best thing about going clear to 40 weeks with Ellie, is that I really don't expect to go any earlier with this one. I would take it if it happened though - don't get me wrong! And I will be posting updates when we do eventually make it to the hospital.

Pretty much I'm just having lots of contractions and trying to get as much sleep as I possibly can when I have to wake up to go to the bathroom numerous times and also trying to get comfortable with this big belly! It's not always successful. So I try and join Ellie for quiet time each afternoon (even if neither one of us fall asleep).

People keep telling me that I look like I've "dropped" but I'm not convinced yet. Although my belly is definitely change shape and growing really fast these last few weeks! But here is a picture from 37 weeks and then from 38 1/2 weeks. You be the judge.

37 Weeks

38 Weeks



We've been enjoying the amazing October weather and Ellie and I are spending lots of time outdoors. And we've been working on getting ready for Halloween. I love Halloween! I already have costumes ready for Ellie and her little sister (even though the little one will probably not even be leaving the house that night). We've made lots of pumpkin bread already and will probably get started on the pumpkin cookies and sugar cookies too. We made little ghosts to hang from the trees in the front yard. It looks a little funny since we ran out of material to make more but Ellie loved making them and hanging them so we'll probably keep them up for the month (even if they look silly). And we've made some Halloween necklaces too. I was able to get a ton of Halloween craft projects on 75% off clearance last year so we do a new project every few days. Ellie loves it and it's good for me since I'm not creative enough to come up with these projects on my own! I should probably be taking a few more pictures but it's hard to get up and grab my camera these days.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I can't believe that you are less then 2 weeks away! Where has time gone?
I don't see much of a difference in your pictures but I am sure you are feeling the differences.
I'm so excited to see your post about this new little girl and how Ellie responds to it all. So exciting!=>

Andrea, Mrs. said...

:-D

This is exciting...very exciting....

Claire said...

I think it looks like you've dropped!! Maybe not a ton, but at least in those pics, it looks like baby girl has made her way at least a tad bit south. Yay!! Anytime now!

Jessica said...

i totally think your belly looks lower in the second picture! hopefully you won't have to be uncomfortable for too much longer...

your halloween projects sound like fun. my kids love to do projects, too. i love fall! pumpkin bread and cookies sound so good to me right now!

Spitzer Family said...

You are so tiny-and such a cute pregnant lady!! I hope you are in the hospital right now while I am writing this... Good luck with everything-I'll be thinking about you!

Emilee said...

You have definitely dropped! I'm a 40 week prego lady too, 40 weeks to the day! Will you email me how you made the ghosts out of fabric? My girls love crafts & I'm not too crafty!